August 20, 2010

Organization

So what are you doing to get organized this year? Or maybe you are organized already and I'm the only one left to figure all this out.
I've never been truly organized, well maybe years ago but that was YEARS ago..ha,ha.

This year I'm doing something different with the kids. Since my 16 and 14 year old are more independent in their schooling and they really do better with a list, where they know what is expected of them. I've made a list of each of their subjects that they will do for the year and put it into a bi-monthly graph for them to make tally marks beside each item that they get accomplished. They know how many tally marks they should have at the end of every two weeks. Some things I will check daily,e.g. math & grammar, others I will check at the end of each week.

Doing this will allow me to have more time with my youngest. I feel like he only has two more years before things really have to pick up for him schooling wise and I would like to spend more time doing the fun things with him before our time runs out.
Yes, schooling should be fun, but when they hit those all important high school years things change.

Anyway, here's to having a more organized year!

No comments:

Post a Comment