July 15, 2010

Christmas too early??

So I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday because they were having a sale on lawn and garden decor. I ended up spending between $700.00 & $800.00, if you word it just right to the hubby I saved between $700.00 & $800.00, items were on sale for 1/2 price. I ended up getting 5 bakers racks, some odds and ends and 3 of the tall metal round bird cages. Two of the bird cages are Christmas presents for friends that I'm sticking back until December.

Anyhow, while shopping around Hobby Lobby on a hot~98 degree day, they already have Christmas decorations out. This just blows my mind at how early department stores are advertising Christmas sooooo early. Are you asking yourself, would I'd picked up the bird cages for presents without seeing all the Holiday decorations? Yes, I would have~I know a bargain when I see it and both my friends will enjoy their items, whether it be a brisk day in February or a smoldering hot day in July. I think it is just sad how stores are commercializing the Holiday season so much. No wonder all of us feel like we are always running behind or feeling like~oh my, Christmas is already about here~Maybe these are my own thoughts on the subject but it is time to slow down and enjoy each day as it comes. :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment